Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Citizens Pursuing Their Self-Interest

Our presidential nomination process is way too long. We know who the Democrat nominee is and what he stands for. For the most part, we know what the Republican candidates stand for. They differ on some things, are similar on most; the main differences comes down to personality, track record and electability.

The 2012 elections, as have the federal elections for the past century, offer a clear path for the nation. I want leaders, e.g., a President, that supports the following simple principles.

I want leaders with a clearly delineated vision, one not beholden to special interests and donors.

I want politicians that believe in a merit-based society, not an entitlement society. I want people to achieve their rewards based on their education, intelligence, work effort, and willingness to take risks.

I want a government that minimizes hurdles and costs businesses and individuals need to incur as they pursue their self-interest.

I want leaders that support an economy where individuals pursue what's in their self interest, not one based on a centralized group of planners who feel they know what is best for all.

I want leaders that follow our Constitution as the Founder intended, not a document tossed about by revisionist judges and bureaucrats.

I desire leaders that believe that America must lead in values, economic development and military, no those that go out of their way to support perversions, non-citizen preferences, ridiculous government hand-outs, and the why-can't-we-all-just-get-along foreign policy mindset.

Republicans as a rule support these principles; Democrats do not. Because of these personal beliefs, I have rarely voted for a Democrat (I did when I was very young...once).

The problem with many of today's candidates is that they are Republicans In Name Only (RINO). The Republican that will beat the Democrat Obama will be the one that best adheres to these "conservative" principles, not the middle-of-the-road, do-nothing posture of the independent.

No comments: