Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Arizona 2010 Election Ballot

Like more and more American's I vote well in advance of the official pooling day via mail. And this year, I was glad I did, at least in Arizona.

I spent more than an hour with my ballot. In Pima Country, we are electing a federal senator, federal House representative, governor, corporate commissioner, a judge or two, attorney general, state house rep, state senator, state mine inspector, state treasurer, superintendent of public instruction, and 13 propositions

Unless you really have done your homework, most people enter the polling booth in a few days will be overwhelmed. People will either not vote on many positions or guess. There are ten too many propositions, three would suffice.

On 2 November, there are going to be extremely long lines and a lot of very frustrated voters.

No comments: