Saturday, November 07, 2009

Liberty and Tyranny

I just spent a few days at my dad's in AZ this week. He has four TV stations that don't really come in that clear, so he tends to read a great deal. I always get some extra reading time when I visit him. This time, I read Mark Levin's Liberty and Tyranny.

There is not station in Utah that airs Mark Levin so I rarely listen to him on the air. I am however familiar with his work, having read Men In Black. I think I have arrived at the point that I am going to minimize the number of conservative books I read. Why? They no longer educate me.

His book is good, don't get me wrong, but there is nothing new in it for me. His embedded Conservative Manifesto is worth a read, but again, not much new.

One thing I did like was how he uses "Statist" as his preferred term to refer to liberals as a whole.

Liberty and Tyranny is a solid summary of conservative principles. If you are little unsure about those points, then pick up his book. It'll take you a few hours to get through his simple-to-read 200-page book.

No comments: