Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Missionaries Are Great

Having just sent a daughter off on a mission in January for 18 months and today seeing our second son off for 24 months, my wife and I could not ask for anything better. Sure it is hard to see them go but they could not be doing anything more important.

A mission is a selfless act but as it turns out, the missionaries are probably the ones that will benefit the most. They will touch people's live while allowing others to touch theirs.

In the process of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, they gain a greater understanding of it, learn to teach by the Spirit, and see how it changes peoples' lives.

I have many friends and family members that are not members of the LDS Church. Nevertheless, many of them are very active in their churches. They are doing the Lord's work as they see fit. I respect and honor that.

As it states in D&C 58:27-28:
Men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves.
I truly believe that missionary service epitomizes the what it means to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause." My wife and I love our children very much and hope and pray for the success and well-being.

No comments: