Sunday, May 11, 2008

EPL 2007-08 Seasons Comes to a Close

It started in August and ended today. Manchester United defeated Wigan during week 38 to claim its 17th English Premier League title (one behind Liverpool).

ManU was followed by Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (all qualifying for the next UEFA Champions League) and Everton (qualifying for the next UEFA Cup)

I watched matches every week on the Fox Soccer Channel. I was able to see one match in person (my first) on 5 April between Man City (0) and Chelsea (2) at the City of Manchester Stadium.

I also played a full years of Fantasy Premier League -- my second year at it. Out of 1,701,961 total players, I finished with 2084 total points and in 70,535th place (~5%). It did not take much time and was fun; helping me stay abreast of the the players and their productivity.

My team for week 38 was Green (GK); Dunne, Wheater, Lescott, McCartney (D); Hunt, Ballack, Ronaldo, Essien (M); Santa Cruz, Agbonlahor (F); Gordon, Adebayor, Butt, Scharner on my bench. Other players I have had and transfered throughout the year include Petrov, Gerrard, N'Zogbia, Dempsey, Hahnemann, Anelka, Ingimarsson, Kapo, Hreidarsson, Taylor, Granqvist, Harper, Carsley, Rosenior, Sibierski, Jones, Howard, Drogba, Primus, Scharner, Boyce, and Campo.

Luckily, there are three final matches to entertain us fans: this week's UEFA Cup Championship in Manchester between Glasgow Rangers and St. Petersburg's Zenit, the FA Cup Final between Cardiff City and Portsmouth, and next week's UEFA Champions League final in Moscow between ManU and Chelsea.

No comments: