Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dream Theater Day in Utah

On Monday night in West Valley City, Utah at the E-Center, Dream Theater put on a classic -- their Chaos In Motion tour.

In the middle of the two hour DT performance plus the 30 minutes each for Into Eternity (crap); Redemption (decent), James Labrie said that prior to coming on stage, Utah Governor Huntsman met with them. He declared 30 July 2007 as official Dream Theater Day in Utah.

I attended with my two sons, a brother- and sister-in-law, a niece and a nephew. We had tickets on the floor. However we moved to the the lower bowl seats in order to see better. The E-Center used the smaller Ford Theater configuration. So there was not a bad seat in the house (unless some 6' 5" guy was standing in front of you).

The stage was great. The music fine. The set list I have is as follows (open to corrections and proper order):

- Constant Motion
- Take The Time
- Blind Faith
- As I Am
- I Walk Beside You
- Pull Me Under
- The Dark Eternal Night
- The Spirit Carries On
- Endless Sacrifice
- In The Presence of Enemies (Both Parts)

Encore Medley
- Trial of Tears
- Finally Free
- Learning to Live
- In The Name of God
- Octavarium Razor's Edge

I saw the 1 April 2006 20th Anniversary show at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. Whereas that had its uniqueness, this tour was more enjoyable for me to see and hear. Definitely one of my top concert experiences.

No comments: