Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is celebrated at different times in different manners in many of the world's nations. It is a great day -- a time to reflect on what our mothers mean to us.

My mother, raised in southern Ohio and spending all of her adult life in central Ohio, has been a great blessing to me. She is very kind and giving. She'd do anything for her children and for just about anyone else who was in need.

She's a great sports fan, especially if it involves The Ohio State University, and most specifically the football program.

She's a great cook. Some things she's cooks very well. I have to keep those items minimized when talking with my wife, if you know what I mean.

I have a scarf she knitted for me when I was in high school in our school colors. It is one of my most cherished possessions.

She's one who goes to the extreme during Christmas -- spending a bit more than she had. But giving is what she's all about.

My parents divorced when I was in high school. She has had her financial ups and downs over the years but has done amazingly well. She is in her early 70s and still works 30 hours a week for her most recent full-time employer. She's one of those ladies that must stay busy.

I am blessed to have such a great mother. Thanks Mom. I love you.

No comments: