Saturday, September 23, 2006

Clinton Deflecting Blame

Clinton, with no positive legacy, is taking an aggressive stance against his portrayal as a do-nothing but talk a lot President. He has angrily defending his efforts to capture Osama bin Laden and accused the Bush administration of doing far less to stop the al Qaeda leader before the September 11 attacks.
"But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said when asked whether he had failed to fully anticipate bin Laden's danger. "They had eight months to try, they did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed."

"I authorized the CIA to get groups together to try to kill him," Clinton said. He added he had drawn up plans to go into Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban and launch an attack against bin Laden after the attack on the Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.

"Now if you want to criticize me for one thing, you can criticize me for this: after the Cole, I had battle plans drawn to go into Afghanistan, overthrow the Taliban and launch a full-scale attack search for bin Laden. But we needed basing rights in Uzbekistan -- which we got after 9/11," Clinton said.
I would agree with him on his point that the Bush administration did nothing significant to capture Osama bin Laden, but trying to deflect his failures onto others is typical liberal "cry-babiness."

Just go away Bill. Move abroad where they love you because they do not know how phony you are. The more you talk, the more others realize what a poor President you were.

No comments: