Saturday, August 19, 2006

English Premiership Begins

I am a big fan of the EPL. Today marked the beginning of the 2006-07 season. This is also the first year that I am going to play Fantasy Premier League.

In the league I am in, each team consists of 2 keepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 strikers. The team is selected on a weighted or payroll-like scale. There was no draft. You can only select a max of 3 players from any one team (this keeps me from doing the stupid thing of selecting more than 3 Liverpool players). So you get some good players and some you have no idea who they are -- you are force by your "payroll" to buy some cheap players.

It should be fun. It will force me to follow it closer that I have in the past.

If you are a EPL fantasy player, let let's keep tabs on how we do periodically through the year.

No comments: